Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-26/keijo-manga-creator-explains-cancellation/.115353News
Keijo!!!!!!!! Manga Creator Explains Cancellation
Manga creator Daichi Sorayomi posted details regarding the ending of his Keijo!!!!!!!! manga series on his blog on Sunday. He began by saying that he was told even before the anime aired that he should finish the manga after the anime finished. He denied rumors that the manga was cancelled due to poor sales of the anime's home video volumes.
He specifically addressed the rumors that the anime's first home video volume only sold 715 units. Upon seeing the rumors, he immediately contacted the anime staff to confirm the number. The anime staff informed him that the figure was incorrect, and that the first volume had sold more than that. He said that the figure had "the number of digits wrong."
He admitted that the manga's cancellation was due to his own lack of skill and the circumstances between him and the publisher. He wrote with some hesitation that the manga's publisher Shogakukan could have given him more support. He claimed that there was a period of time where he had asked Shogakukan for more assistants for a year and a half, but the publisher told him they could not find him one. He worked on the manga with only one assistant, and at one point ended up doing too much work that he passed out for an hour.
He had also previously been told that if the anime had one more sponsor, it could have also been broadcast in western Japan. He claimed that Shogakukan did not sponsor the anime, but admitted that he cannot confirm if this is true.
Sorayomi also regretted that the manga was placed towards the back of Weekly Shonen Sunday even as the anime was airing. Manga magazines usually put the least popular manga in the magazine near the last pages. He would have liked to portray more of the planned story, and admitted that he sped up the story, but said that in the end, half a year wasn't enough.
He revealed that he will put extra chapters in the 16th, 17th, and 18th volumes of the manga.
In the end Sorayomi thanked Weekly Shonen Sunday for giving him the chance to serialize the manga, the readers, the staff of the television anime, the people in charge of marketing, and the voice actors for the anime. He says that their hard work made him able to last half a year before the manga was cancelled.